(2) The provider of the website and legally responsible for it under privacy law is ARGOR-HERAEUS SA, Via Moree 14, CH-6850 Mendrisio (hereafter referred to as the “provider”, “we” or “us”).
(3) Our Data Protection Team can be reached via the following email address:
or by post:
Data Protection Team
Via Moree 14
(4) The term “user” includes all customers and their employees as well as visitors to our website.
(1) We collect and process personal data on the following legal basis in accordance with Art. 31 Swiss Data Protection Act (DSG):
(2) Regarding General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) your personal data is collected and processed on the following legal basis:
You can assert your rights as a data subject with regard to your processed personal data at any time using the contact details of the Data Protection Team given above.
As a data subject, you have the following rights according to DSG:
As a data subject, you have the following rights according to GDPR.
Your personal data is deleted as soon as the purpose for which it was collected has ceased to exist and there are no other legal or contractual obligations to retain it.
State-of-the-art organizational and technical security measures are in place to ensure compliance with relevant legal provisions and to protect personal data against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction and unauthorized access.
(1) We transfer data to third parties exclusively in accordance with legal provisions. We only transfer user data to third parties if necessary or for other purposes necessary to meet our contractual obligations to users or legal requirements.
(2) Where we use sub-contractors to provide our services, we will take appropriate legal precautions and technical and organizational measures to protect personal data in accordance with applicable legal provisions.
(4) Third countries are countries where the GDPR does not apply directly, i.e., in principle, all countries outside the EU or the European Economic Area. Data may only be transferred to third countries if an adequate level of data protection is ensured, if users have given their consent or if the transfer of such data is permitted by law.
We do not make the conclusion of contracts with us conditional on you providing us with personal data beforehand. In principle, there is no legal or contractual obligation for you as a customer to provide us with your personal data; however, it may be that we can only provide certain offers to a limited extent or not at all if you do not provide the data required for this. If this should exceptionally be the case with the products and services we offer, you will be informed of this separately.
We do not intend to use any personal information collected from you for any automated decision-making process (including profiling).
(1) When accessing our website, information is automatically transmitted from your browser to us; this includes the name of the website and files that are accessed, the date and time they are accessed, the quantity of data transmitted, reports about successful access, the browser type and version, your operating system, the referrer URL (the page you visited prior to visiting our website), your IP address and the requesting provider.
(2) The processing of your above-mentioned personal data is technically necessary for offering our website as a service to you and is carried out based on our legitimate interests in accordance with Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR and Art. 31 DSG regarding the operation of our website and, to ensure the safeguarding of the security of the processing (e.g., to prevent and identify cyber-attacks) (Art. 8 DSG).
(3) The collection and storage of your personal data in log files is necessary for the provision of the website. For this reason, you may not request the deletion or correction of this data or object to its processing.
(1) When you contact us (via contact form or e-mail) the request including all resulting personal data (name, request, contact details) will be stored and processed by us for the purpose of processing your request.
(2) This data is processed based on Art. 31 DSGArt. 6 (1) (b) GDPR if the request is related to the fulfillment of an order or is necessary to carry out pre-contractual measures. In all other cases, the processing is based on our legitimate interest in the effective processing of inquiries addressed to us (Art. 31 DSG, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR) or on your consent (Art. 13 (1), Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR), if applicable.
(3) Your information may be stored in our customer relationship management systems (“CRM systems”). The legal basis for the further processing of your data is the preparation of a business transaction (in accordance with Art. 31 DSG, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR).
(1) We only use non-essential cookies or local storage objects if you have given your express consent (opt-in). In addition, if you do not want to have cookies or local storage objects stored on your computer you can deactivate the corresponding option in your system settings on their browser. Stored cookies or local storage objects can also be deleted in the browser’s system settings. Disabling cookies may limit the functionalities of this website.
(4) The legal basis for the data processing of data stored in cookies or local storage objects for online marketing measures or analytics as described below, is your consent in accordance with Art. 31 DSG, Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR.
(1) We use the cookie consent management tool “Cookiebot” provided by Usercentrics A/S, Havnegade 39, 1058 Copenhagen, Denmark, a company registered under the company registration number DK34624607. Cookiebot uses technologically required cookies to manage user consent in order to save the user’s consent to use the cookie. Cookiebot does not process any personal data whatsoever.
(2) The cookie that is stored only contains information about your consent, which was granted or declined when accessing the website. If you later would like to revoke this consent, you can simply delete the cookie in the browser. If you access the website again, the website will ask for you to consent to the cookie again.
We use the Amazon Web Services EMEA SARL, 38 Avenue John F. Kennedy, 1855 Luxembourg (hereinafter referred to as “AWS”) for hosting the backend of our website.
When you visit our website, your personal data will be processed on AWS servers. This may also result in the transfer of personal data to the parent company of AWS in the United States. The transfer of data to the US is based on the EU’s standard contractual clauses. For details please consult: https://aws.amazon.com/de/blogs/security/aws-gdpr-data-processing-addendum/.
The use of AWS is based on our legitimate interest in the most fast and reliable provision of our website (Art. 31 DSG, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR).
We use the Google Cloud CDN content delivery network, provided by Google Ireland Limited (“Google”), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Google offers a globally distributed content delivery network. Technically, the transfer of information between your browser and our website is routed through the Google network. This enables us to increase the global accessibility and performance of our website.
The Google Cloud CDN is used based on our legitimate interest in the most reliable and fast provision of our website (Art. 31 DSG, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR).
Data transmission to the US is based on the Standard Contractual Clauses (SCC) of the European Commission. Details can be found here: https://cloud.google.com/terms/eu-model-contract-clause.
You can find more information about Google Cloud CDN here: https://cloud.google.com/cdn/docs/overview?hl=en.
This website uses functions of the web analysis service Google Analytics either directly in your browser (client-side tracking) or indirectly on our webserver (server-side tracking). The provider is Google Ireland Limited (“Google”), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
Google Analytics enables the website operator to analyze the behavior of website visitors. The website operator receives various usage data, such as page views, length of stay, operating systems used and origin of the user. This data may be summarized by Google in a profile that is assigned to the respective user or their device.
The aim of using Google Analytics is to enable the user to be recognized for the purpose of analyzing user behavior through the use of various technologies (e.g., cookies or device fingerprinting). We use demographic characteristics for our analyses. The information collected by Google about the use of our website is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
The use of Google Analytics is based on your consent according to Art. 31 DSG, Art 6 (1) (a) GDPR. The consent can be revoked at any time for the future.
Data transfer to the USA is based on the standard contractual clauses of the EU Commission.
Details can be found here: https://privacy.google.com/businesses/controllerterms/mccs/.
You can object to the collection and storage of data at any time with effect for the future. You can object to the future collection and storage of your data by Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
Data stored by Google at the user and event level that is linked to cookies, user identifiers (e.g., User ID) or advertising IDs (e.g. Android advertising ID) are anonymized after 26 months or deleted. You can find details on this under the following link: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/7667196?hl=en
You can find more information about the use of data by Google as well as settings and opt-out options on Google’s websites: https://www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy/partners (“Use of data by Google when using the websites or apps of our partners”), https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads (“Use of data for advertising purposes), https://www.google.de/settings/ads (“Managing information that Google uses to show you advertising”).
We have activated the IP anonymization function on this website. This means that your IP address will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other states party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area before being transmitted to the United States of America. Only in rare exceptional cases will the full IP address be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be merged with other data held by Google.
We use Google Analytics (for details please see above) to form target groups, provided you have given your consent to the use of Google Analytics, in order to show the ads that are displayed within the advertising services of Google and its affiliates only to those users who have either shown an interest in our website or who have certain characteristics (e.g., interests in certain topics or products determined from websites visited) and that we have sent to Google (so-called “remarketing” or “Google Analytics Audiences”).
We use Remarketing Audiences to ensure that our ads correspond to the potential interests of users.
The data is processed on the basis of your consent in accordance with Art. 31 DSG, Art. 6 (1) (a) GDPR.
You can find more information about the use of data by Google as well as settings and opt-out options on Google’s websites: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites?hl=en (“Use of data by Google when using the websites or apps of our partners”), http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads (“Use of data for advertising purposes), http://www.google.de/settings/ads (“Managing information that Google uses to show you advertising”).
We use Issuu to digitally publish our Sustainability Reports to you. Issuu is a service provided by Issuu Inc, 131 Lytton Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94301, United States.
The use of Issuu is based on our legitimate interest in the most fast and reliable provision of our website (Art. 31 DSG, Art. 6 (1) (f) GDPR).
You can find more information about Issuu on Issuu’s website: https://issuu.com/legal/privacy
Last updated: 1st September 2023